Saturday, October 08, 2011

In light of I Samuel 17:47 and the words, "For the battle is the Lord's," I offering the following affirmations:

WHEN FACING A GOLIATH
I Samuel 17: 3-4, 8-10, 23, 26

I will conduct myself in light of the presence of God in me.

Matthew 17:20: "If you have faith [a]the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."

Mark 9:23: "All things are possible to him who believes.”


I will keep committing to God every battle I face.

Psalm 37:5-6: "Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

He will bring forth your righteousness as the light And your judgment as the noonday."

Matthew 7:7-8: "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."


I will trust in the Sovereign leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 40:28-31: Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.


I will put my confidence in the God with whom nothing is impossible.

Luke 1:37: For nothing will be impossible with God.”

Matthew 19:26: "…with God all things are possible.”


I will fix my hope on God because He is my light, my salvation and…the stronghold of my life.

Psalm 27:1: The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?


I will be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him because He set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

Psalm 40:1-2: I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay; And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.

46:10: Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”


I will refrain from anger and fretting because they are not spiritually, emotionally or physically helpful to me in the battle.

Psalm 37:8: Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.


I will focus on the positive things of God.

Philippians 4:8: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.


I will delight myself in the Lord knowing that, according to His Word, in His time He will give me the desires of my heart.

Psalm 37: 4-5: Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.


I will face the realities of life in the conviction that the Lord has established His throne in heaven, that His sovereignty rules over all, and that the whole earth is full of His glory.

Psalm 103:19: The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.

Isaiah 6:3: “Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory.”


When face to face

With some taunting Goliath

I will stand my ground

With the Resources of my God in hand

And, with tenacity

I will come against that Goliath

Until it is defeated in the Name of God,

For my battles are the Lords.

No comments: