Monday, October 17, 2011

Along time ago I made a decision based upon a growing conviction that I was a sinner standing in need of the grace and forgiveness of God. Looking back on that moment I have concluded time and time again through the years that my confessing I was a sinner and coming to Jesus in my condition was the best decision I ever made. A part of that decision has been a life time of seeking after God in my life, and a hungering to be what God would have me be. It has been one fantastic ride, and it is still underway.

Even at this late date in my journey I am still discovering that the person who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the path of sinners or sit in the seat of scoffers is blessed beyond a capacity to fully grasp it (See Psalm 1). The Psalm writer was correct through and through when he said of that blessed person, “His delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night” (Ps. 1:2).


God is at work in this world and we followers of Christ are blessed to be involved in what God is doing. We are discovering every day that by a grace that never ceases to amaze us we are “like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields it fruit in it season and its leaf does not wither; and in what whatever he does, he prospers” (Ps. 1:3).


Life isn’t perfect for us because we still live in a broken world, but in that world God is doing in His people “far more abundantly beyond all that we could ever ask or think” (Eph. 3:20). Regardless as to what comes our way we know that God’s will is “good and acceptable and perfect” (Rom. 12:2). His will can’t be improved on and, as we say where I come from, we are right smack dab in the middle of it.


Amen and keep the party going.

No comments: