Sunday, March 13, 2011

Have you ever wondered what you might do for God at this particular time in your life? You love Him, you want to serve Him, you want to bring honor to His name. What might you to do put feet to that desire?

Sometimes we think sacrifice is the answer. We’ll sacrifice something just for God, and in that act bring praise and honor to Him. As important as sacrificial living is, however, the Bible sees something more important. I Samuel 15:22 says, “To obey is better than sacrifice.” Isn’t that interesting?

God wants our obedience and faithfulness more than what we might sacrifice for Him. God wants us to live in His love, giving our lives for what His loves means to us. Sometimes its easier to sacrifice something than it is to live in His love.

How can we best live in the love of God? That’s the question. If I love someone I will do the best I can to honor and to esteem that person. It might mean sacrificing something. It might mean encouraging them or supporting them in something. It might mean coming alongside them and helping them to carry a heavy burden of some kind. What ever the act might be the motive behind it is just as important as is the act.

How do we transfer this kind of love to God? How can we honor Him and esteem Him, and be there for Him? The answer is simple. Love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength; do what love calls us to do, and be what love calls us to be.

My love-for-God-questions have come to be, “What I can do for my God today?” What can I do just because I am desperately in love with God? How can I reflect that, with all my heart, I want to live for Him and Him alone?

No comments: