Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Daily Prayers for Lent, 2022

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the first day in Lent.  As a part of my journey this season I am seeking to pray the prayers of others and to make them mine.  I invite you to the journey.

Followers of the Messiah ought to pray this prayer everyday of their lives, and particularly in the days of the Lent season.  The ancient king prayed, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way” (Psalm 139:23-24).

In these broken, divided, war-filled days, maybe we just need to pray.  Maybe we need to humble ourselves before God, and ask for mercy and grace and guidance and peace.  


Each day in this Lenten season I will offer daily prayers for those who might have interest.  The prayers come from Scripture, from Church history, from hymns, from Prayer Books, and from devotional writers.  I pass them along to you even as they will be my prayers each day in Lent and on all of the Sundays in the Lenten season.


God bless you as you journey to the cross and on to Easter.  


Rick

No comments: