Saturday, June 09, 2012

Life in GOD'S Life


Life within Life.  This is the way of Jesus.  Our lives are lived in His life, covered, if you would, by the amazing grace revealed in Him.  This is good news, according to the Bible.  The apostle Paul reminds us that our life is what he calls an "earthly tent."  It is temporary and mortal.  It won't be forever.  However, "if our earthly tent is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heaven" (2 Cor. 5:1).
           
I have been facing "earthly tent" issues recently because of health issues, very conscious that my body is temporary and mortal.  Even if God should give me many more years, a day will still come when this old body will expire.  As many years or days as I have left God helping me, I will live for Him and Him alone.  On that day when the Life in which I have been living my life is revealed, it will not be a sad day for me. 
           
The abiding presence of the Holy Spirit daily reminds me that my life is covered by the God of all grace, the God who emptied himself of all but love and actually died for me on the cross of Calvary.  Whether I am here or there does not matter.  What matters for me as I live in an earthly tent is that I "walk by faith, not by sight"  (2 Cor. 5:7).
           
I have been asking God to remind me everyday  that "momentary, light affliction is producing…an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison" (2 Cor. 4:17).  I can live with that; I can live in day-by-day victory with that. 

Life in HIS Life.  That is living.  I'll take this every time.

No comments: