Monday, February 22, 2010

The Bible says that Jesus "is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him" (Rom. 10:12). And, who is invited to call upon Him? Everyone! Romans 10:13 says, “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” And what does it mean to call upon the name of the Lord? It means that we embrace with our lives what it means for Jesus to be Lord and to “believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead” (Rom. 10:9).

What do you really believe? Do your believe Jesus is Lord? Do your believe God raised Jesus from the dead? If you answer YES to these questions, the Bible says you will be saved (Rom. 10:9).

The Bible calls us to two expressions of faith. It calls us to confess with our mouth and it calls us to believe in our heart. The inner world of the spirit meets the outer world of works. We confess with our mouth what we believe in our heart. And, it all comes down to a matter of faith. The Bible tells us that the word of faith is “near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (Rom. 10:8).

Who I am on the inside becomes visible in the outward expressions of my life. My words reveal my character. My deeds reveal my character. Could this be a reason king David prayed, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight” (Ps. 19:14). When the outer and the inner are in balance it makes for one awesome testimony.

When my heart is set on Jesus and is filled with His Spirit, my mouth, my very life, is in a place to reflect the beauty of inward wholeness, a beauty that is made possible because God abounds in riches for all who call on Him” (Rom. 10:12).

No comments: