Thursday, August 07, 2008

Give grace a chance. This simple challenge has been in my thinking. How do we live in such a way that we are giving grace a chance, an opportunity, to fill the lives of people and the situations in which they find themselves? How do we go about daily giving grace a chance to work its wonderful work in our lives? As followers of Jesus we ought to be so very excited about the grace of God that we cannot imagine living without sharing the life of our Lord with each other and with those who live among us.

You don't have to live in my world very long to know that I am a USC Trojan football fan. Don't ever say anything negative about coach, Pete Carroll, and don't ever make fun of Traveler, the noble white horse that appears at all SC home games with a regal Trojan warrior astride, Are we clear???????

Sometimes I wonder how long people have to be around me to know that I am a fan, a disciple, of Jesus Christ. I hope not too long, for He is more important to me than anything else in the world.

How about you? Do you let people know that you follow Jesus? I hope so. In fact, I hope that you will find a way to invite people into the fellowship of Jesus' church. Let them know that He is here for them and that you are here for them, too.

GIVE GRACE A CHANCE.

No comments: